Sunday, February 26

Η ΠΟΛΗ ΜΑΣ ANHKEI


Η ΠΟΛΗ ΜΑΣ ANHKEI
Originally uploaded by kassandrapoised.

So I've finally gotten round to getting some of my photos online. I really like this one... "the city belongs to us". You can access it and the rest thanks to Flickr by clicking on the badge in the sidebar.
I don't actually have that many photos in digital format, at least not that I've taken myself, cause I'm really oldschool and will never, EVER give up my old analog camera for a digital one. Well, never say never, but I will always insist that nothing beats the grainy, glowing LIFE of a "real" photograph. Digital ones can look great superficially, but they don't have soul.
Luckily, I've got this amazing, quite rare camera that belonged to my mom. It's called an Exacta, was made in East Germany in the 1970's, is built like a tank, and has got a Carl Zeiss lens which takes just amazing photos. But unless my boyfriend gets his scanner fixed one day you'll never get to see the photos I've taken with it. I guess digital has some benefits...

8 comments:

D. said...

ok.wanna brag about old cameras? :P You asked for it!
I've got a Praktica IV camera 1958 with a Carl Zeiss Biotar 2/58 lens of the same year.Because the camera body broke down I fitted the lens onto an Asahi Pentax Spotmatic II camera (1978).The combination isn't bad at all.And I certainly hope that by *real* photos you mean b&w photos developped and printed by YOU :P.And yeah there's nothing like old east german lenses.They just don't make lenses like that anymore.Die gute alte deutsche Technik ;)

kassandra said...

you win :P

Loop said...

THE10001010111010010GEEKS101010010
01LOVE1010110010010DIGITAL1000011
0101010100101010100101001010101010

liz said...

i dream of digi.

your photos are beautiful. your photography is just as excellent as mine. thanks for posting some of them, i suppose i should get on flickr one of these days. i just don't know how i feel about anyone having access to my photos anytime... hhmm... something to think about.

and it isn't about the kind of camera you have, it's all about the EYE... ;)

Anonymous said...

zardoz says:

ARGUS camera circa 1952 , 3,5 weighs about 2 kilos

BUT THE TRUTH IS ...... ITS THE EYES THAT SEE THRU IT

GREAT PIC,, waiting for more scanned or digi.

==== zardoz ======

kassandra said...

Oh my, what I have i started? The great DIGI vs. analog debate?
Or the great "who's got the niftiest old camera" debate? Keep both of them going! Though my lovely Exacta is sounding less and less cool... :(

Loop and Liz: OK you love digital, but besides the convenience, why? Is it not just symptomatic of our deterioration into a fast-food, instant-gratification society?

Anonymous said...

ZARDOZ SAYS:

GO ANALOG ..

== Z ==

Loop said...

kassa : its all about portability. i really dont knw things regarding takin photos but i can say that i am able to move,edit,kill my photos with my digi cam to any physical or virtual place. Move it -publish it :)